Friday, February 6, 2009

One hot potato

I know, I know you thought I'd start with something sweet and pretty...it will surely come...just you wait.

Well, this potato is pr
etty...as in pretty darn good. You see, not too long ago I made some curry for dinner one night and well I had one potato left. I didn't know what to do with it. Then I remembered I've been intrigued by the idea of hasselback potatoes. I'm not an expert in cooking but I certainly love trying new recipes. I remember reading about them on Orangette and couldn't wait for the opportunity to try it.

I just wish I had more potatoes because I wanted more after that. I sliced the potato very thin and instead of bay leaves, I inserted garlic slices in each cut. Oh, how I love garlic. I drizzled some really good extra virgin olive oil that I had bought from Florence at the Mercato Centrale last summer and voila, it was the best potato I ever had.


Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the finished product because I was too busy eating it with a big juicy steak my fiance grilled for me. I will next time...I promise.

And with that, I hope you all have a great weekend and hope you get to try this at home very soon!

{photos by me}

1 comment: